The popular holiday island of Lanzarote is an ideal destination for a villa break – whatever the time of year. As the sun shines on this small Canary Island for twelve months of the year – thanks to its semi tropical climate and location off the coast of Morocco.
Lanzarote is one of seven Canary Islands – the best known of which is Tenerife. All of which are owned by Spain – despite the fact that they are situated much closer to Africa than Europe. This also explains why the islands enjoy great weather all year round – making them ideal for both summer and winter sun seekers.
Lanzarote is located at the eastern end of the chain and is much more arid and unspoiled than the bigger islands. Yet still manages to welcome around 1.4 million visitors every year. The majority of whom fly in from countries such as the UK and Germany in Northern Europe.
Once on the island many visitors rent a vehicle as car hire in Lanzarote is very cheap. Before heading off to explore the islands many attractions – which include breathtaking natural wonders such as the Fire Mountains of Timanfaya – scene of a series of huge eruptions during the 18th century. And the many creations of a local artist, Cesar Manrique, who is also famous for having helped to thwart over development on the island of his birth.
Many visitors to the island now book their own accommodation online – thanks to the growth of the internet. Which has created demand for Lanzarote villas and apartments – especially in the main resorts of Puerto del Carmen, Costa Teguise and Playa Blanca. Whilst rural tourism also enjoys a growing popularity.
Holiday villas in Playa Blanca are the cheapest self catering option for those seeking a villa break on the island. As there is a large supply of good value rental accommodation in this fast-growing resort, located at the southern end of the island. Holiday apartments also offer great value for money – and there are hundreds of complexes located in the largest resort on the island, Puerto del Carmen. With prices starting from around €180 per week.
Whilst Lanzarote enjoys good weather al year round it still has distinct seasons – with spring often bringing a burst of colourful flowers to the side of the islands volcanoes. Whilst autumn offers calmer and mellower weather after the heat of the summer months.
Whether you’re staying in a 5-star hotel including more exclusive like hotels sheffield or a backpacker hostel, there are many things you can do to help keep yourself and your belongings safe. These tips are particularly helpful if you’re traveling solo as you won’t have someone to watch out for you.
1. Never leave the “Please Clean” sign on your door. This signals that your room is empty and is telltale sign for someone who might be waiting for the perfect moment to burglar your room. Instead, call the front desk and let them know your room is ready for a cleaning.
2. Ask for a room close to the elevator. While this may be noisier than one at the end of the hall, if you do find yourself in trouble, it’s more likely someone will hear you if you need help.
3. Women… NEVER let a man in your room. Even if you’ve called room service and you’re fairly certain that he’s trustworthy. Keep the door open and conduct your business near the hallway. If a service person must get in the room, in the case of having to fix the air conditioning or television, keep the door open at all times. If you haven’t called someone, yet someone’s knocking, check with the front desk to confirm it’s someone from the hotel.
4. Carry a rubber doorstop. In many developing countries, there is no deadbolt or chain lock to provide added protection from a potential intruder. Because most doors open inward, simply slip the doorstop underneath the door so that no one can get in while you’re sleeping or in the shower.
5. Ensure your privacy. Most hotel staff are trained not to say your room number out loud. If they do say it while you’re checking in and there are others in the lobby, ask for another room. You never know who might be listening and taking note that you are traveling on your own.
6. Keep your key safe. In less modern hotels, the room key is often on a keychain that may include your hotel name and room number. Simply slip the key off and carry it in a safe place so that, in the event that you lose it or someone picks it up, they don’t know where to find you. Always make use of car hire Bilbao Airport or any other location to ease your transportation.
Hints to help your hotel stay go smoothly
Once you have your on-line hotel reservation, follow these steps to avoid problems and to have a pleasant stay.
These tips add to what you learned in Hotel Savings Strategies, if you go vacation to whitby on the north-east coast of England you can make online book at whitby holiday cottages
- Print out your confirmation and receipt (if prepaid) and take these with you to your hotel.At some point during your travels, you may need to prove that you made a reservation that somehow became “lost” in a computer system.
- Soon after booking online, call your hotel or resort and confirm that it received your reservation and that all is well.
- Give your hotel any special requests you may have, such as a nonsmoking room or king bed. You are never absolutely guaranteed these, but it helps to request (or reconfirm) these directly with your hotel in advance of arrival.The more in advance you make these requests, the more likely they will be honored.However, wait until check in to ask for any free upgrades. (See below)
- Ask the hotel what parking costs, if traveling to a large city.Parking rates can be astronomically high, and cheaper rates may be in unsafe areas.You simply do not need a car in Manhattan or in downtown areas of cities such as Chicago, San Francisco, or Washington, DC.
The following hints may also enhance your travel experience.
choosing one of hotel is not always an easy decision, One factor that is probably the most important to all of us is cost and the other is service. Hotels range in cost from quite reasonable to very expensive. Before you choose a hotel you must make sure you can afford it and do you really need the accommodations you are paying for. The reason for your stay may influence the location of the hotel you choose and how much you will be willing to stay there. In this article I will highlight for you some of the different kind of hotels that are available and the type of experience you can expect when you stay.
below this step to choose a Hotel :
First, their are budget hotels all across this great nation of ours. Some may independently owned while others may be part of larger chains. Many large chains that have many upscale properties may also have budget divisions. A budget hotel can be an older property but may also be a newer property that is part of a chain. Just because it is budget you should have a room that is clean and livable. Don’t expect fine linens and expensive amenities. The TV will have limited stations and expect to pay for phone calls. Most will not have room service and you will probably be bringing your own baggage to your room. The trend today is they will probably serve a continental breakfast in the lobby. This can save you time and money and is very convenient if you are traveling for business. I always suggest if you are traveling to a city you are not familiar with check a site Trip Advisor to see what other guests have said about a particular property. You may be pleasantly surprised that for a small amount of money uou can have a pleasant stay.
Secondly, there are the group of moderate hotels. They may be independent hotels that have strong roots in a city or be a part of large hotel chains such as Marriott or Hilton. You can expect these rooms to be a little more unscaled. The TV will most likely have cable. You can expect to find internet service in your room. There will be room service as well as a bell man. There are probably some restaurants and bars at these hotels. Other services such as health clubs and beauty salons may also be available. The linens and decorations in your room will be of a higher quality.The amenities such as shampoo and soap will be a more expensive. The hotel property will be larger and probably have a pool.
Third, there are the upscale luxury hotels. They are usually in larger cities and could be privately owned or part of a large chain. The accommodations will be quite lovely and of better quality. The amenities will be the finest. You will have numerous cable stations and internet connection. The linens and towels are high quality. The hotel will will most likely have fine restaurants and bars. There will be a concierge that will be happy to cater to all of your needs. But be prepared to pay the price for all of this extra service.